Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sunday Sounds: The Bony King of Nowhere


The simple sound of a voice and guitar is so beautiful and intimate. My first love once wrote and sung me a song for Valentine's Day, and it was one of the sweetest moments of my life. I hadn't thought about it for a long time, until I heard the song 'Alas My Love' when it was featured in a video for Vogue.


I'm a bit behind the eight ball on this one because this song has clearly been doing the rounds for awhile, but I only just discovered it yesterday. I have hit repeat on this video so many times now, because it doesn't seem to be available to buy on iTunes and I cannot stop listening to it. Even his name 'The Bony King of Nowhere' suggests the all-encompassing heartache of unrequited childhood love. Today I am happily married, but I will always remember that first love with tenderness.


What about you lovely readers? What song reminds you of your first love?


x

2 comments:

Laura Molloy said...

My first love broke in to our house and left notes for me all the way to my bedroom. In my room he had left a rose on my bed and a note on my stereo with a note to press play. He had put the pretty woman album on and the song was Fallen by Lauren Wood. It's not a well known song, but it's got beautiful words. Everytime I hear it, it gives me butterflies and brings a tear to my eye. It goes like this:

I can't believe it, you're a dream comin' true.
I can't believe how I have fallen for you.
And I was not looking, was content to remain.
And it's ironic to be back in the game.

You are the one who's led me to the sun.
How could I know that I was lost without you...

And I want to tell you, you control my rain..
And you should know that you are life in my veins.

You are the one who's led me to the sun.
How could I know that I was lost without you...

I can't believe it, you're a dream comin' true.
I can't believe how I have fallen for you.

And I was not looking, was content to remain.
And it's erotic to be back in the game.

Erica Kent said...

I remember that song, it's from the scene with her in the beautiful red dress. Love it x