Monday, September 19, 2011

Pyjama Party

Image from Fashiontoast.com


I love New Zealand fashion. Every season there are dozens upon dozens of things I want to buy from Karen Walker, Kate Sylvester, Cybele, Ruby...the list goes on. The problem is all the other women in New Zealand want the same things, and the chances of turning up to an event only to meet your fashion doppelganger are strong. 


So, I supplement with online purchases from Asos, Topshop and relative newcomer Romwe (they do a decent Prada loafer knock-off). All three have a great selection of 'instant fashion' for reasonable prices. Whatever you buy probably won't last much more than a season but you don't need it to. Best of all, they do free international delivery!


The only problem with ordering online is the moment after you hit 'confirm purchase'. It's at least a week until you see your goodies in person, and I almost always suffer from instant buyers remorse.   


Two weeks ago, after pining for beautiful clothes I couldn't buy at Fashion Week, I was browsing online and chanced upon a pair of silk, woven print pyjama style pants. It was love at first sight and they were soon on a round the world ticket, but true to form I began to doubt my choice. 


Thankfully I stumbled across the beautiful Rumi Neely from Fashiontoast wearing my pants and am once again happily anticipating the courier man. 


What about you, lovely readers? Do you ever buy clothes online without trying them first? 


x

No comments: