Thursday, January 19, 2012

Come, I am tasting the stars!



I've always been of the opinion that you shouldn't add anything to Champagne. Sparkling wine - definitely, but when I'm drinking the good stuff I like it nude. However...


While in Australia, we were treated to Champagne cocktails at the beautiful Queenscliff Hotel, built in 1887. Served on the front porch looking back at the grand old building, these cocktails went down like a fireball, mellowing to leave the warmest glow in my chest. One was enough, not because I didn't enjoy it but because I was already starting to feel woolly tongued (I'm a cheap date these days).



I will definitely be recreating these when the weather cools down, they are the perfect winter aperitif. To make them yourself...

Place a sugar cube at the bottom of a Champagne flute.
Add a dash of angostura bitters and a nip of brandy.
Fill with Champagne and serve with a maraschino cherry.

Enjoy!

x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the the club! When I & V first introduced me to these, I didnt know what had hit me!