Friday, January 13, 2012

I'm a little magpie...



After pulling out all my 'girlie accoutrements' to get ready for a friend's wedding in Melbourne, I was taken by how pretty they looked and couldn't help taking a photo.  


It made me realise how much I love being female, with all the sparkly, fluttery, pretty, smelly things we accumulate. Although 95% of the time I'm mooching around in jeans and flats (albeit red lipped), I don't need much encouragement to throw on a dress and heels. 


I dabbled in women's studies as part of my BA then spent a couple of years feeling guilty each time I applied lipstick. Was I really only doing it to titillate the men around me? These days I know the real answer to that...heck no. 


I love makeup and jewelry and beautiful clothes because I like to be surrounded by pretty things. Life's too long for bad shoes.


x

No comments: