Saturday, December 3, 2011

Saturday Scrapbook : Dreaming of a white Christmas


Miss Marc Headphones from Shopbop.com

One of the things I feel nostalgic about is the cold, sometimes snowy Christmas you get in Europe. Wrapping your hands around a steaming cup of mulled wine and perusing the Christmas markets is so traditional it feels like you're in a Hans Christian Anderson fairytale.

The last Christmas I spent in London, it was so cold and snowy we finished a packet of toffee pops and a bottle of Champagne before even getting out of bed, and that was just to stumble up to our local pub for a 7 course Christmas lunch. Needless to say, we were in bed again by 4pm (it was dark anyway, and Santa Claus the Movie was on - the real one, with Dudley Moore). So, although my photos of the day are beautiful (it was the only snowy Christmas Day I spent in London), I actually found myself wishing for strawberries and cold chicken salad in the sun. 

So, today's Saturday Scrapbook celebrates a different kind of white Christmas. One that can be enjoyed wherever you are in the world; the white Christmas wishlist.  





x

No comments: