Thursday, February 16, 2012

My happy place : Dizengoff


What can I say? I'm a creature of habit.


When I find something I love, I love it to bits...literally. A friend recently commented that my loyalty to a certain Ponsonby cafe was bordering on predictable, so I dared myself to try something new...and I did...but all it did was convince me that I shouldn't do that, ever again.


The thing is, there are hundreds upon hundreds of cafes in Auckland, many of them doing things pretty well, but so few get it so right, consistently. 


Friendly staff, great coffee and tea, all the macarons and whoopie pies and rhubarb pastries a sugar-addict could wish for (plus the perfect poached eggs with salsa verde and paper thin toast) and people-watching potential to boot. Dizengoff has it all, and is appealingly bashful about it.


I don't get out much these days, but when I do, this is where you'll find me, nose in my laptop and a plateful of macarons. Come and say hello.


x