Friday, February 3, 2012

I blame Cinderella

Moochi silver loafers, in stores later this month

The lesson was clear; to win the heart of Prince Charming and live happily ever after, you need those bloomin' glass slippers. 

Said footwear, however, are sneaky little so-and-sos that change their spots every season. Last winter, it was the grey suede Dicker boot. This summer, the sequin Converse, and next season… schizer…where do I begin?

From the beautiful blue Julie loafer by Kathryn Wilson, to the custard and crème Isabel Marant Betty sneakers, to the divine Alexander Wang kitten heels I left my soul in at Workshop, who could possibly choose just one? I’m hoping I don’t have to, if I finally get funding for my screenplay I’ll be writing it in at least one of the above.

One thing’s for sure, I’m getting in early so I don’t miss out on these modern day Cinderella slip-ons from Moochi. I figure by the time I wear them to work (with cigarette pants and a white button down), to dinner (with black skinnies and the new NOM*d lace collar vest) and around the house (pyjama pants disguised as real pants) the cost per wear will be mere cents, and together we can live happily ever after…until next season.

x

No comments: