Monday, May 21, 2012

Wanted : Magpies


If I was to get a job working at Antique Fabric and Lace, or if I just lived around the corner from it; my home, my daughter and probably even my car would be bejeweled and beaded to within an inch of their lives.


This Aladdin's cave of haberdashery couldn't possibly be more crammed with delights. Every square centremetre of wall space, floor space and even some of the roof space is pinned and rolled with lace and sequins and beaded trims. I made the mistake of taking my daughter and lost her several times amongst the rolls of fabric. Thankfully her squeals of bead discovery acted like echo-location, and I somehow got out of the shop having only spent $30. 


If you're a magpie like me, the trip out to Onehunga is more than worth it as long as you have at least an hour of browsing time. Once you're done, you can recharge with the yummy chicken pie across the road at Delicious while you enjoy your purchases all over again.


I'm off to find a home for my new twinkly beaded stars and...I'm thinking the mirror in the bathroom.


x

No comments: