Thursday, May 10, 2012

If Superman sat for Picasso...

Polygon Superhero by James Reid

The very first piece of art I remember seeing and loving was Picasso's Woman with a Mandolin. I was primary school age, but loved flicking through the art almanacs at my Auntie and Uncle's house. Minoring in Art History at University only fueled by my love of early 20th century art, in particular Cubism and I often wish I could time-travel a-la Midnight in Paris and sit for Picasso. I would give up ice cream forever in exchange for a Cubist portrait. Possibly even ice cream AND cupcakes.

I love love love this modern comic-book-Cubist take by kiwi artist James Reid - he's even done Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle and Danger Mouse (hello children of the early eighties) versions.

Hey James, what's your definition of superhero? A woman that can give up ice cream and cupcakes?

x

No comments: