Monday, March 26, 2012

I can see the light ... and it's no longer the train



Wow, so it has been 24 whole days since my last post. That sounds like the beginning of an AA meeting, right? (It certainly hasn't been 24 days since my last drink - wine has held my hand many times these last few weeks) That's not to say I haven't been on Beaunz. I've read through many old posts, reminding myself of all the beauty in my life, and that things will get better. That's the great thing about this blog in fact, when you need a hit of happy, it's all here baby...but...


...that's partly why (other than a complete lack of time or space to write) I haven't been posting. My daughter has been really, really unwell, had surgery and come through a horrendous recovery.  There were days when she barely stopped crying all day and all night, and it was torturous knowing that there was actually nothing I could do to help. I could hold her, and sing to her, and occasionally ease the pain with some drugs, but other than that the only thing it would take was time. She started feeling better a few days ago, but I was still emotionally battered and traumatised, and needed time to get back on my feet. So, today, here I am. Ready to embrace the world again in all its beauty...and have I got some beauties to share with you! Starting with my new food obsession, tomorrow, and it doesn't involve sugar I promise.


The other thing to note is that I have turned comments back on, after switching them off for awhile, because I miss having interaction with you, so please come back and leave comments! I love to hear what you think. And, please tell your friends about Beaunz too, if you think they'll like it. Share the love.


x